THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Le Vacherin

Le Vacherin is a French bistro restaurant located in Chiswick, West London. This inviting bistro serves traditional french food in a lovely setting. I couldn't help but think how perfect the setting was for a romantic evening! But for me I was with a friend who recommended the restaurant to me as she had been before and really like the place, so I was excited to go and see for myself. The restaurant is extremely charming and has a really warm feeling from the moment you sit down.

For dinner we went for a three course set menu which was has plenty of options, to start I decided to try their twice baked gruyere cheese soufflĂ©. This was a lovely dish and the rich cheese flavour was lovely, the soufflĂ© was perfectly cooked and a great start to the meal.


Following this I chose their sea bass with shrimps, served with mashed potato. The fish had a crispy skin whilst the seabass remained delicate and perfectly moist. I also loved the rich jus that accompanied the dish which balanced the dish exceptionally well.


When it came to dessert amongst the choices was a chocolate fondant with amaretto ice-cream, and that was what I had to have. I have a real weakness for chocolate desserts and especially fondants! This fondant was heavenly and far from a disappointment, living up to my expectations for a great dessert.


And here's another picture so you can see the melted chocolate center: 


I would certainly come back to Le Vacherin when I'm in the mood for classic french food, the food is great and the service is also good. The food was faultless and full of flavour and good ingredients. The restaurant was filled and apparent that it must be a popular place to dine in Chiswick. It is clear a lot of effort and attention has been put into the dishes at Le Vacherin producing high quality, faultless dishes. 

I will certainly be recommending this place to others and be returning to try some more of their dishes in the near future. 




Le Vacherin on Urbanspoon

0 comments: